This morning I woke up to the sound of my boys helping themselves to their breakfast cereal. Not an unusual occurence, but it was a little earlier than usual. I was glad they were up and getting ready for school. And then I heard the dishwasher open, the clank of dishes and silverware and I knew my boys were eating on dirty dishes. (One of them was already humming as he chewed.) Now, the dishes are done. See my dirty dishwasher working?! The stack of pans on top are clean and drying. :)
I didn't have the heart to tell them. Totally justified by the thought that it wouldn't hurt them, I let them finish eating and never mentioned it. (In fact, it wasn't as bad as the time Keith did the same thing when we were first married, only the cat had likely licked the milk out of the bowl!)
So here is one of my motherhood struggles: having enough energy at the end of the day to clean the kitchen before bed. When I do it after the kids have gone to bed it takes less than half an hour. In the morning however, it takes about 2 hours. I swear. Last night I was just craving a little "vege-out time" and I was asleep in my chair in less than 20 minutes.
I just had my blood work done and discovered my vitamin D is low, so maybe that is why I'm so tired. (My cholesterol is high too, but that's another post.)
Maybe it's just a house full of five kids.
Well, my resolve is stronger to get the dishes done every night, stronger than my resolve to get up before my boys, at least.
It won't hurt them, right? And I can't be the only one!
3 comments:
I think every Mom in the world must have this problem. I want to do this too. Another goal of mine is to unload the clean dishes soon after they are finished. Because it's so easy to load dirty dishes right after you use them.
Haha! I am actually pretty good at the dishes I love forward to the rewarding feeling when they are done, I can't relax until I do them. HOWEVER, I will forever curse laundry and getting it put away! It's the death of me! I don't know which is worse, letting a kid wear a dirty shirt or eat our of dirty dishes?! Ha!
Well I know you all know what you grew up with! Rest assured one of the pluses of having granma owen here is that she is a buzze bee in the kitchen every night. So she has been a good influence on us in the wright household. It happens to evey mom tho!!!! I agree that it takes forever in the morning to clean it up!
Post a Comment