Yesterday we celebrated Keith's birthday. His birthday as a kid was always a celebration of the beginning of summer, a.k.a. no school! When we were first married it had the same fun as we were in school or I was teaching school. Of course, it is still fun but I know he misses the joyous days of carefree, playful childhood summers.
One of our favorite birthday treats is Joe's. Joe's Farm Grill and Joe's Real BBQ are often selected for birthday dinners and/or lunches as you receive $10 off your meal on your birthday. The way yummy food doesn't hurt either! So Keith stopped by the Farm Grill for lunch (which I heard all about, mmm) and we took the family to Joe's BBQ for dinner.
I meant to snap a pic at dinner, but you know, handling 5 kiddos in a restaurant, it kind of slipped my mind. I felt bad sending Keith to the bathroom with the boys in the middle of his meal, but what do you do? I did try to wrestle Jesse through dinner. It was yummy. We had Keith's own recipe chocolate, chocolate chip cookies for dessert at home. (Which he made, of course. BONUS!) We got the kids in bed, watched Bourne Ultimatum and found the trailer for Bourne Legacy online which comes out in August. Yeah!
When I was a teenager I made a list of qualities I wanted in my husband. Keith had everything on the list, I'm pretty sure he did anyway. (I'll have to look for it!) I love his boyish sense of humor, his athleticism (even with all of his injuries) and his spontaneity. Keith has a relaxed demeanor that makes him wonderful to be around. He is an enjoy the moment kind of person and doesn't mind playing before work. I love his sense of adventure and the fact that he doesn't worry about what other people think. He is my best friend that I can tell everything and anything, and do! He helps me become a better person. And of course, he is the best father to our children.
He has a strong testimony of the gospel. I LOVE his sensitive side. He likes flowers and animals. He embraces responsibility. Keith is a gentleman; I adore the respect he has for women and marriage. I trust him as much as I love him. I look forward to our time alone. He spoils and indulges me, understands my wants and needs better than I do myself sometimes.
I love Keith and I love being Mrs. Bergen.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Keith! He really is a great guy. I'm sure your children will really appreciate this post in the future. I'm glad you're back to blogging more often!
Post a Comment