Keith promised the boys that we would go camping, so this past weekend we went. After several days of indecision (considering closures for forest fires and bear attacks, yeah, really) we ended up near Canyon Creek off of Young Rd. about 20 minutes before you get to Heber. We picked a spot away from the creek up on the rim with a beautiful view.
The boys found stick guns galore from several downed pine trees. Walter even called one of the trees his store inviting Nick and Noah to come shop for new guns. We hiked out to the edge of the rim and played in the creek a couple of times. And don't forget the dirt! Walter and Jesse were covered in dirt from head to toe within 10 minutes of getting out of the car. They were in little boy heaven being outside and playing in the dirt all day long.
The second day at the creek, Keith challenged the kids to get all the way in the water. . . very cold water. Walter was the first one in, he slipped. Nick and Noah sat in the water, Audrey stuck her head in, but Keith was the only one who completely immersed himself in the cold creek.
Other highlights include watching and cheering for Harry the Caterpillar climbing a tree. (We only issue the death penalty at home in our garden.) Walter praying that no monsters will eat our food. The kids watching a movie in the tent on Keith's laptop (with an inverter hooked-up to a car battery) while Keith and I made dinner. Jesse running under the blankets as Keith and Nicholai folded them. (Just a cute 18-month-old at play!) Audrey (who complained during the ENTIRE trip) actually saying, "We need to camp more." Huh? Really? Yep, she said it! In her defense, we watched 17 Miracles last night and she felt very bad for complaining about camping.
Yes, we are already planning our next camping trip for later this summer. Why? I guess we find cramming a month's worth of work into just a few days enjoyable. I guess it's fun to get away and then you really appreciate home upon return.
I will try to post more pics later from my camera. (Yes, we are still computer challenged right now!)
3 comments:
Hahaha! A month's worth of work into a few days, I love it. That's how I feel about camping, but you know what this post kind of made me want to do it. Your kids will cherish these memories. How fun Aliece!
Camping is always a good time in spite of all the work. I only like to go because Kris does all the cooking. Glad you guys had fun! We should do a big Wright family camp out one of these days.
Oh what fun! Audrey wants to do it again. I think thats royal. That Walter is really enterprizing! HHHmmm.wonder where he gets that from?
Truth be said I think I kinda like to camp too! Maybe a wright family one is not such a bad idea! Aliece this is great! I love blogs.
Post a Comment